Rehabilitation Acupuncture & Pilates
Rehabilitation Acupuncture & Pilates is a synergistic blend of the ancient wisdom and methods of Classical Chinese medicine and modern Rehabilitation Pilates science and assessment. This is a comprehensive and remarkably effective approach to treating acute & chronic pain, sports & work injuries, and chronic postural imbalances. It’s also remarkably helpful for core and pelvic rehabilitation for women after childbirth.
Using orthopedic and manual muscle testing techniques I will locate the exact locations of your pain, muscle imbalances, or soft tissue lesions and then use the many specialized techniques from acupuncture and Chinese medicine to correct any overactive or inhibited muscle fibers, reduce inflammation, regulate pain signaling, and promote healing.
With Rehabilitation Pilates, I’ll teach your body to maintain balance between its opposing muscle groups and help you connect deeply to your core muscles. This will help to open up your spine and nervous system while it helps integrate your strength and restore your range of motion.
Rehabilitation Acupuncture and Pilates can help relieve your pain, get you back to the activities you love, and help prevent future injuries.
Some of the things I regularly help my clients with are:
- Low back pain, sciatica and piriformis syndrome
- Spinal stenosis, spondylosis, degenerative disc disease and herniated discs
- Functional scoliosis and postural imbalances
- Degenerative joint disease and arthritis (hip, knee, shoulders)
- Acute sprains and strains
- Post-surgical or major injury rehabilitation
- Neck pain, degenerative disease, and thoracic outlet syndrome
- Elbow pain – tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) and golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Frozen Shoulder and impingement syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, wrist and hand pain
- Repetitive use injuries like tendonitis and tendinopathy